Saturday, April 23, 2011

Birthday Series: Construction Party Part Five: Thank You Cards


So here is the final chapter of my Construction Birthday Series and just like all great parties, they always come to an end.  However, even after the party is finished, your job as a Mommy is to organize the gifts (always fun trying to remember who gave what, if you need help with that download my FREE GUEST LIST with a column for listing the gift) and send out thank you cards in a timely fashion.  Let me just tell you one thing, I can't wait until my little man can help out with the writing of the thank you notes.  Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for all the gifts and well wishes from family members, but a little help goes a long way in my book.

So in trying to make things just a bit easier this year and pre-plan as much as possible, I created a selection of fill in the blank thank you cards.  Yes I know, fill in the blank cards are not as meaningful/sentimental/caring etc. but you know what, I still had to come up with the wording and type it all in so boohoo to anyone who frowns on my short cut!

Anyways...
I created the front page in Word by using the same background (polka dots) and dump truck as the tags for the goodie bags.  See below or click HERE for the whole goodie bag post.


I just adapted the design to fit within an A2 card.  I created two identical fronts on one page and then created the inside on another page in Word.  I had a few different insides based on the gift given.  For example, if the gift was a toy it said, "I can't wait to play with it" or if the gift was money it said, "it will buy me a new spring outfit" or if the gift was clothes, it said "I can't wait to wear it once the weather gets warmer" etc.  I even included some thank you cards for people who did not attend the party but sent a gift. 


I love the line that says "I had loads of fun and hope you did too!" and the line that says "I dig the _____________".  I just love how it ties in the whole theme of the party!

Almost forgot to tell you... When I printed the cards out, I printed the first page and then I had to turn the same paper upside down to have it print on the inside of the card.  I just used regular 8.5 x 11 card stock (bought at Walmart for $5.77 or something silly like that) and cut them in half and then folded them in half.  That way you have two cards on one piece of paper.  I picked up the A2 invitation envelopes at Staples in white but they have all different colors.  Lastly, to help make things just a little easier, I created return address labels for my little man.  How funny is it that my two year old has his own return labels :)

I apologize for the pictures because I had to remove all address information from the labels but you can get the idea at least.


Did you notice how the thank you card and the return address labels coordinate! 
I love it when that happens:)

And here's the bonus for you!  Sometime this week, by Friday at the latest, I will be offering you a download of my thank you cards complete with instructions.  Of course it will be fill in style without any customizing but free is free right?

Check back soon to find out how to get your free printables!

~Katania

P.S. If you become a follower, you will know exactly when I post the free printables :)  lol just a thought and a hope and a prayer that maybe one day I might have a whole dump truck load of followers. :)  Yeah, just a little bit cheesy, sorry.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your stuff!! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete