Sunday, April 10, 2011

Birthday Series: Construction Birthday Party Part One: Invitations

We just celebrated my little man's second birthday at the beginning of March.  I really can't believe he is already TWO!!! Whoa, where did the time go?  But anyways... for his first birthday we went with a farm animal theme and I definitely didn't go all out with the decorations.  This year I was a bit more creative!  We planned a construction birthday party because Baby R absolutely loves all sorts of big construction vehicles.  Also how stinking cute is a two year old in a plastic construction hat!!!
Yup! It's backwards but he's adorable anyways!  Notice the plaid work shirt :) and he also wore jeans and of course work boots.  I also ordered a construction vest for him to wear but he decided he rather not! Oh well!

Well back to the party planning, I created my little man's invites using the computer and my Cricut Expression.  I used the Boys Will Be Boys cartridge for the design.  Here are the invitations minus all the important info.  I would love to hear what you think of them:)

The invite says:

A celebration is under construction for (child)'s birthday!

Report for duty:
(Date)

Construction site:
(Place)

RSVP to site supervisor:
(telephone number)


The number 2 is also from Boys Will Be Boys

I pop dotted the image to add a little dimension to the invite


If you are interested in personalized invitations of any kind, please leave me a comment or email me here (make sure your subject states INVITATIONS) for options and current pricing :)

Look for the following parts of the birthday series later this week:
decorations
goody bags
cake
thank yous

~Katania

1 comment: