Thursday, April 14, 2011

Birthday Series: Construction Birthday Part Three: Cake


Ahhh yes... the cake!  I thought about ordering a cake with a construction theme but couldn't find one I liked that wasn't Bob the Builder or Handy Manny.  Then I thought I would attempt to use fondant and create hills and such but yeah, I definitely don't have the time for that.  So ended up with this idea.  A chocolate cake with chocolate frosting to resemble dirt and mud.  I then crumbed some Oreo cookies on top and place three construction vehicles to look as if they are working in the dirt.  I added a little bit of grass and then voila all done. (Sorry about the crazy blue cake plate.  At the time I did not have a cake stand :( but now I do and I can't wait to share it with you.)  Here's some more pictures!

I even added some "dirt" to the dump truck.



Yes, I know he's two but the little star candles were so cute!
Of course a post about a birthday cake would not be complete until I shared the
birthday boy enjoying his delicious treat!
YUM!



I really think he enjoyed licking the frosting off of his trucks much more than eating the actual cake! 
Love that little man!!!

Stay tuned for the next part of the Construction Birthday Series: Part Four Goodie Bags :)

If you missed part one, part two, and part two and a half click below:


or click on the Birthday Series Page to see all postings :)

~Katania

No comments:

Post a Comment