Thursday, July 7, 2011

Father's Day Gift

So I know it's a little late... well a lot late but I wanted to share with you the gift I gave my husband for father's day. 


I had seen many altered Starbucks drink cases out in blog land and thought it would be a great idea for my husband who loves sweets and nuts.  So I picked up a four pack and enjoyed every last sweet drop, washed them really good, and even had to save one from the recycle bin.


Then I measured and cut paper from my Die Cuts With a View Green Tea pack.  This is a great paper pack to pick up because it has gorgeous green, blue, and brown patterned paper that can definitely be used for more masculine projects. The best part about gluing the paper down on the case was that it created a very sturdy base for the four bottles which ended up being pretty heavy.  I even covered the handle part on both sides with pretty paper.


Then I added some ribbon around the outside of the patterned paper and cut out #1 Dad from George and Basic Shapes.  Then I cut some small scalloped circles from Mini Monograms and glued them on top.  Also I spray painted the tops white so he wouldn't see any writing from the bottles.



Overall I was pretty pleased with how it came out and my husband enjoyed every last bit of deliciousness I added to the bottles.  I used M&Ms, Peanut Butter Cups, cashews, and Jelly Belly Jelly Beans.



 YUM!

Here's to a great husband and a number one dad!!!
So what do you think?  Delicious and cute for Father's Day or what?
 
~Katania

2 comments:

  1. where do u buy the bottles

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can can get a four pack of the startbuck frappes at Walmart

    ReplyDelete