Sunday, August 21, 2011

Peach Freezer Jelly

I decided I would make some jelly for our family since my son is absolutely obsessed with pb&j and peaches.  So we went peach picking and brought home two huge bags of delicious peaches.

Here's my little helper picking some peaches!


I also picked up Ball Jelly Jars that were freezer safe.  I searched online and came across this recipe from Bunkycooks and figured I would give it a try.  By the way, aren't her pictures gorgeous.  YUM!  Thankfully my Stop and Shop actually carries all the jars and pectin needed to make jelly so I was able to pick up the Ball Instant Fruit Pectin.  This is much different than regular pectin so make sure you get the correct one.  I liked this recipe because it calls for much less sugar than other recipes and because it's a freezer jam it's so easy (no canning) and tastes so fresh.
I have to say that for my first attempt at making jelly,
it was a huge success!

Just look at that jelly, YUM!




As you can tell in the picture, I left my peaches a little bit chunkier just because I like it that way but you can puree yours if you prefer.  I also gave one jar to my parents and they absolutely loved it!

I can't wait to try strawberry and raspberry freezer jams! YUM!

~Katania

1 comment: