Sunday, January 8, 2012

Glitter Ornaments

Last year I searched the Internet to find out how to make glitter ornaments.  I was pleasantly surprised to find out how easy they are to make and how beautiful they are on the tree. 
I wanted to share some ornaments I gave as gifts with you today and then later in the week I will post a little photo tutorial on how I made them.
I found two different types of glass ornaments at Michael's by accident.  One was a little bit smaller and had a flat front and the other was larger and was completely round.  I honestly thought I had picked up two different round ornaments and had planned to return the flat front one but soon found it to be much easier to lay the vinyl on.
So I used the flat front ornament to make ornaments for all the kids in my family, complete with their name, date, and decorative snowflake.
What do you think?





I used a light pink, bright pink, and purple for the girls and a red for my little man.  I then cut out a snowflake in vinyl with my Cricut.  After applying the vinyl, I found a coordinating rhinestone to add to the center of each snowflake.  The back has the child's name and date cut out of vinyl.
I will be posting a tutorial and more ornament pictures soon!

~Katania

No comments:

Post a Comment