Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Banner


I made this banner last year for Thanksgiving and was so happy to take it back out again this year.  I love the simplicity of the saying, the rustic colors, and the detailed font.  Sadly, I have since forgotten all the cartridges I used but I am pretty sure the banner panels and the font are from Winter Woodland.  I have used Winter Woodland for so many things besides typical winter decor and scrapbooking pages.  I definitely recommend it if you haven't already picked it up.
For each panel I used a shiny gold and red floral background from an autumn cardstock paper pack and then layered it with a two layered leaf in red, gold, and green.  On top of that I used red and gold again for the two layers of the font.  Each layer is pop-dotted to add dimension.  I then used a thin cranberry colored ribbon to tie each panel together.  I apologize for the photos.  It is really difficult to take a picture of a banner and I have yet to figure out a better way.  Here are a few more shots with a little more detail.





I hope you like it :)

~Katania

No comments:

Post a Comment