Tuesday, June 7, 2011

MIA and Flowers

I am so sorry I have been MIA for a little while.  Life has been a little crazy around here with the warmer and drier weather.  Lots of planting, weeding, cutting, mulching, etc. still needs to be done all while entertaining my little man and making sure he's being safe (totally a full time job at this point). 

On top of that, one of my dogs spent the weekend in the vets office due to a baby woodchuck that I saved from her.  Yup, Zoe found it and tried to eat it but was scratched or bit instead and had to be monitored at the vets because she ended up with a nasty hot spot on the side of her neck.  $500+ later and I can't believe I saved the animal! 

Plus it's the end of the school year for me.  Only 12 more days until summer so I have been busy creating new word walls (we are now using the Fundation trick words), making new name tags, finalizing report cards, organizing files, and cleaning and packing the classroom up.  I love this time of year because it forces me to go through the stuff I have and organize what I need to keep and what I need to throw out.  However, when you try to end one year while planning for the next it gets a little hectic.  I am not sure how many followers I have that are teachers but hopefully I can upload some of the things I have created and share some pictures of the trick word wall with you. 

Until then, I wanted to share some pictures I took of my garden.  Right now my favorite part is right around our well house, a huge purchase when we bought our house but I absolutely love it!!!  If you are interested in buying one Carefree Sheds in Colchester, CT. sells them.  Enjoy!














I hope your day has been as colorful as mine!
Happy Summer!
~Katania

No comments:

Post a Comment