Monday, December 26, 2011

{Gift Tip} Adding that little extra something...

Gift Tip #1


I know it is already past Christmas but I thought I would share with you a tip I use every year to help give that little extra something to my cookie trays. 
Now I used to buy fancy trays and boxes to give my cookies away in but it got really expensive especially since I make more than a dozen different kinds of cookies and give away about the same amount. 
This year I used plain white sturdy paper plates.  I piled it high with all the different cookies, bon bons, and fudge then wrapped it in clear plastic wrap.  One year I had a very pretty red wrap and one with holly on it but I haven't been able to find it again.  I print out a little label that says, "Happy Holidays! I hope your celebration is extra sweet." and then cut it out with a circle punch or my Cricut.  Now to add that little extra something, I cut out snowflakes on my Cricut and tied a ribbon around both the snowflake and tag.  Voila, you have a super cute gift with that added touch of detail. 


If you have a Cricut you really should have both When Its Cold Outside and Winter Lace.  Both cartridges have tons of different snowflakes you can cut.  Or if you don't own a Cricut, you can cut snowflakes the old fashion way by folding paper and cutting out different shapes.  I really think it gives the gift a warm and festive feel even though it is so simple.
What do you think?

~Katania

No comments:

Post a Comment