Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Walk-It Challenge: COMPLETED

Well I did it! 
I completed the Weight Watchers Walk-It Challenge on Sunday May, 22nd!  I walked a totally of 3.1 miles or the equivalent 5K!
All I can say is that it felt great to get out there and start walking.  It was also very motivating to walk with many people who are in the same boat as I am.  We are all trying to lose weight!
Until Fleet Feet sports posts some pictures from the event I will share with you some of the pictures I took on my phone.

Here I am with my mom. 


We are in this journey together and she definitely keeps me motivated to keep going.  I am so blessed to have her as my mom because she is one the most sincere and caring people I know.  She is always helping me out in one way or another and my son absolutely adores her.  He calls her "Mimi" and asks for her constantly.  I am not sure how I could pull everything off without her help or make it through the day without someone to vent to.


Thank you for everything mom, you are the best!

Here's another photo of my mom with her best friend. 
She joined us on our walk and was a total trooper to deal with my slightly hysterical rantings about getting lost in Hartford because of my Garmin.  Does anyone else have a Garmin that tells you to turn onto a one way street going the wrong way?  Seriously, it's supposed to have the right directions!!! ARG!

How adorable are these ladies!!! 
We even received medals as we crossed the finish line. 
How cute is that?

Well after reaching yet another of my goals, I had to make a new one to achieve.  I plan to train and then run, yes RUN, a 5k in the beginning of July.  I will be looking for a training schedule and will definitely post it if I find a good one. 
Until then... watch me run!

~Katania

No comments:

Post a Comment